Monday, September 28, 2009

Jonathan Edwards

The observation from the words that I would now insist upon is this. -- "There is nothing that keeps wicked men at any one moment out of hell, but the mere pleasure of God." -- By the mere pleasure of God, I mean his sovereign pleasure, his arbitrary will, restrained by no obligation, hindered by no manner of difficulty, any more than if nothing else but God's mere will had in the least degree, or in any respect whatsoever, any hand in the preservation of wicked men one moment. -- The truth of this observation may appear by the following considerations.





I chose these images to reflect the imagery used to show the situation Jonathan Edwards believed sinners were in. He said they hang above the pits of hell only by a thread and gods grace. I used a spider web and gods hand to convey this. He also stated in detail about how their souls would burn in hell if they did not repent. I used fire and the image of a person burning to reflect that. I also included the hands of god at the top which I believe Jonathan Edwards thought he was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment